All of us have things we can teach from the lessons we’ve learned living our lives. Many have made lists of various styles. A few have written books about the lessons they have learned along life’s journey. Writing a book is beyond my ability and discipline. An essay is more than is needed for this format. So, in keeping with one of the lessons I have learned, I will give you a list that simply sets forth a few lessons I have learned in living my life. There is no particular order of priority to the list.
1. Be thankful and give thanks every day for all the
promises, gifts, and blessings you’ve been given, both
opportunities and challenges.
2. Appreciate deeply the lives, service, ministry, and work
of others. Treasure the life of others.
3. Give earnest and sincere attention to the interests and
well-being of others as though they are as important as
your own. As much as is in you, feel their pain and sorrow
and laugh with them when it is good. Seek opportunities
to do them good and be to them a blessing.
4. Give earnest and honest attention to take care of your
own soul or you will get lost in your life. Your soul is the
most precious treasure that you have.
5. Never be ashamed of who you are. You are God’s child.
Don’t back down, give in, or give up.
Never compromise who you are or bring shame upon the
one whose name you wear.
6. Good leaders are good followers. Always listen for what
you can learn from others. Be confident in yourself but
never think you have nothing to learn. Accept that
you can be wrong and learn from others.
7. What you do for others, how you treat them, are the keys
that will open another’s heart.
8. Never give up the hunger and thirst for learning. Don’t
lose the wander of discovery. Always
seek what can be known. Never stop growing.
10. Trust in the Lord. Put your life in his hands and never
11. To love someone and like someone are not the same.
When you like someone, you enjoy their companionship.
When you love someone, you will seek for their well
being, whether you like them or not. Like them or love
them, engage and invest in others.
Finally, and most of all. Love the Lord God with all your heart and soul and mind and strength. Seek his righteous kingdom above all else. Follow Jesus Christ with all your heart. Don’t judge those who do walk your way so you can teach them to walk with you and follow Christ together.